Wednesday, April 2, 2008

No April Fools

A man and his boat...
The Megs and The Lats
Our Honey...Sunny

This is real my friends. I have joined the black hole of the blogging world. That's right--I've offically sold out on this whole blogging business. My promise is that this will not become one of those "cross-stitch, scrapbooking nightmares". (My favorite blog line of the week.) I am open for suggestions on how to improve the page...yaddee, yaddee, yaddee. I'm not a wonder woman at this kind of thing so help a girl out!
I suppose this will provide a good medium to record the comings and goings of the Lats and the Megs as well as keep our family and friends up to speed on our life. And there is no time like the present...
Today, I am recording one of the "goings." Sunny and I took Latimer down to Lee's Ferry to bid him farewell as he embarked on his first river trip of the season...thirteen days in Grand Canyon. It wasn't easy to say good-bye, but I managed to do so with only a few tears. After leaving our man behind, Sunny and I were a little blue, but the drive past the Vermillion Cliffs and up and over the Kaibab cheered us up. Seriously, it's so damn beautiful here! We live in such an amazing place. That's one thing I'm grateful for. Now, leaving my man for 13 days...not so much.

15 comments:

skyler and ashley said...

i'm honored to be the first to comment on such of fine piece of work! I can't wait to see what kind of crap you put on here!!! seriously... waiting for a picture of your crap- like the good old days!

Lacey said...

Welcome! The blogger world is the best! Can't wait to see what your life brings.

Carr Family said...

I wish I lived where you live!!!

mommaRx said...

Megan!!! I found your blog through Lacey's and am so glad! I have not seen or talked to you for ages and I hope that we can reconnect a through the blog world. We also have a blog check it out and leave me your email because we're going to privatize it due to some crazy characters commenting and viewing.

Unknown said...

Hey y'all. (Megan you'll need to get used to that one, working with all the southern gals, ha ha ha). Megan- good to see you the other day, thanks for dinner. See you in May (hopefully)!

Carr Family said...

Haha! We were downstairs looking at your blog and the phone rang upstairs. It was you! We missed your call because we were looking at you! Thanks for the call. Talk to you later!

sloan larsen said...

hey Megan, I am A blog beginner too! I definately want ot do the subway, Ty was going to put in for a permit too, but we want to go with the pro so let us know i will send you an invite to my blog whats your email?

Anonymous said...

WElcome to blogging its a blast. Hey we should go to lunch sometime since you know we still live in the same town we need to catch up.
check out my blog as well
Tori

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

So fun to keep intouch & see all of your adventures. Wow, you have a lot going on right now, I cant wait for you to move to Jackson! We will see more of eachother this summer. Yeah! Love ya.

Stacy and Jared said...

Hey Megan, havent seen or heard from you in forever. I'm new at this too so dont laugh if you look @ my blog

Cyndi said...

Hey crazy girl! I am so glad you are blogging now. It is way better then myspace. I didnt know Lat was a river guide for Western. You know I have a ton of memories from there. I mean i had about half of my birthday parties there at the warehouse when I was little. That is way fun I am so jelous do you ever get to go with him?

Mikkel said...

Yea Megan! It's about time! I am so glad! You two are my favorite couple.

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

ok so I went private but send me your email so I can ivite you to our blog!

Angie said...

Megan! Hooray! I can't wait to keep up on the Lats and the Megs! Our blog is locked, but if you email me at angiecastagno@hotmail.com then I will add you to the list of invited readers. Welcome and Yay!!

-Angie(Hamblin) Castagno

KO said...

Woo Hoo! Finally heard you had a blog. Welcome. It will be fun to keep in touch... just don't include pictures of your "hairy dumps" like Ash is encouraging. Sick.